If you require a new screen, phone cover and screwdrivers, they can be purchased here: http://www.formymobile.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=5530lcd
Tools required: To remove the LCD screen you need a plastic tool such as a guitar plectrum or credit card. To remove the touch screen you also need torx 4 and torx 6 screwdrivers.
- Remove your back cover, battery, sim and memory card.
- Run something like a credit card all the way around the join of the front cover to release it from the rest of the phone.
- With the front cover removed your phone should look like below.
- Look at the right side of your phone. Five clips, circled below, hold the touch screen in place. Use something like a pair of tweezers to lever the bottom clip off and the rest should unclip with ease. Lift the frame from right to left but be careful because the touch screen will still be attached to the phone by a ribbon.
- With the touch screen frame flipped over your phone should look like below. The touch screen is still connected by a ribbon, top left, so be careful how you handle the phone.
- Slide your plastic tool right under the LCD screen. A small piece of double sided tape holds the LCD screen in place and will release as you push the card under.
- Flip the LCD screen over. Note that the screen is still attached by a ribbon at the top of the phone.
- Below is a close up of the ribbon and connector. The small pink part, indicated by the arrow, moves on a hinge. Flick it up, towards the ribbon, and the ribbon will be released. Carefully pull the LCD screen away from the phone and the ribbon will slide out of its socket.
- You should now have the LCD screen removed. To continue with disassembly remove the four torx 6 screws, circled in red, and the two torx 4 screws, circled in blue.
- Lift the circled part up. It's only stuck down lightly with double sided tape.
- Lift the middle of the phone up and over. It'll still be attached by a ribbon. You now have access to the ribbon from the touch screen, circled below. This attaches like a plug and socket. Just lever it up, away from the circuit board, to unplug.
- You should now have the touch screen removed. Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly. Once you've repaired your phone, protect it against future damage, breakdown or theft from only 5p per day with insurance specialists, ProtectYourBubble.
If you have any questions about Nokia 5530 Xpress Music disassembly, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook for further help with Nokia 5530 Xpress Music disassembly.